Regular Exercise Saves Lives

Incorporating Physical Activity into your Daily Life Drastically Reduces the Development of Chronic Diseases

According to a recent report by the CDC, only 20% of American adults over the age of 18 meet the recommended guidelines for physical activity. On average, adults need to exercise at least 2.5 hours per week, at a moderate intensity level (brisk walking). Getting into a daily exercise routine and staying active throughout the day will help you build muscle, keep your heart healthy and strong, avoid becoming obese and helping to increase your lifespan. Even short activities such as light stretching or a quick walk around your office help.

Benefits of Regular Exercise

Adults who regularly exercise have a 40% lower chance of developing dementia and a 60% lower risk of suffering from any type of cognitive disorder. Adequate exercise also contributes to better sleep and an average increased life expectancy of an extra 4 years. By participating in regular physical activity, young adults can increase bone density, reducing their risk of fractures later in life. The benefits of regular exercise cannot be overstated. With the help of ExerClock, your employees can engage in a healthy and active lifestyle during the work day to prevent the dangerous health risks associated with long periods of sitting in an office.

Contact our corporate wellness program professionals to easily integrate ExerClock.

Return to Articles & Research